In times of its splendor, this castle was politically attached to the land of Vaud and played a major role during centuries.
After two centuries of happy feudal life, the lords of the family Montagny got to know the misfortune. They were expulsed from their castle.
In 1478 a bailiff settled down, but after his departure, Fribourg had to abandon this proud castle. Due to poor maintenance, the rooms were falling into ruins and today there is only the single donjon left.
Open every day
Parking: Some parking spaces in the village or at the bottom of the stairs below the tower
Accessible by public transport: yes
Accessible by car: yes