Built by the Jesuits and used as a place of worship for Protestants, this 19th century chapel has been refurbished and welcomes the patients of la Broye hospital.
The chapel is home to the Jesuits' organ, built in Aarau in 1808. A painting depicts a view of St Peter's in Rome. The pews in the nave, the liturgical furnishings and a solid wood calvary come from the Collège Saint-Michel in Fribourg. The dome is adorned with frescoes of the monogram IHS, the coat of arms of the order of Jesuits, in a sky filled with cherubs.
The chapel was restored in the 1970s. Two doors leading to the hospital were opened in the choir, allowing patients to access the chapel without going outside. In order to highlight the choir area, the organ was moved to the gallery and two statues – Saint John and Saint Mary – were moved to the sides.
The windows, dating from 1983, feature the stained glass of Théodore Stravinski (Rosa Mystica and Stella Matutina) and Bernard Viglino (Old and New Testament).
The 20th century restoration was financed by the hospital chaplain, who collected paper for recycling in the surrounding villages, and by a bequest from its director.