The Tourism Association
Estavayer-le-Lac/Payerne Tourisme is a non-profit association which addresses all questions relating to the development of tourism in the towns of Estavayer-le-Lac and Payerne, as well as the surrounding region.
Founded in 2007, the regional tourism association, Estavayer-le-Lac/Payerne Tourisme, is responsible for welcoming visitors, providing them with information, promoting tourism within the region and developing related products. Its scope of action incorporates the entire Broye district in the canton of Fribourg as well as a large part of the Broye-Vully district in the canton of Vaud, and in particular the municipalities of Payerne, Chevroux and Cudrefin. Benefiting from substantial financial support from the municipalities of Estavayer and Payerne, the association focuses its information and coordination efforts on these two municipalities, in particular through two visitors’ centre, one in Payerne and one in Estavayer-le-Lac. Products are promoted and developed regionally across the entire territory.
- To welcome visitors and the local population and provide them with information
- To organise promotional actions for visitors from outside the region and create and commercialise new products
- To encourage, support, create and coordinate events and local/regional happenings
- To help implement the framework conditions and institutional structures conducive to the development of tourism within the region
- We pay particular attention to the quality of our communication and transparent information exchange. Our aim is to build strong ties with our partners based on sharing and listening.
- We are also keen to combine team spirit with respect for individuals and collective choices. We attach great importance to collaboration with regional and cantonal tourism operators.
- Curious and open to change, it is our desire to respond as well as possible to changes in the tourism sector. Our flexibility enables us to satisfy the different needs of our visitors with a high degree of professionalism.
- We are constantly in search of innovation and new offerings in the field of tourism. We undertake to develop a form of tourism that meets the needs of the local population and our natural environment.
- We always endeavour to achieve a more favourable outcome by bringing our capabilities under one roof while harnessing the different strengths and competences surrounding us. We make every effort to ensure that our differences benefit the entire region.
- Our ambition is to make our home an attractive destination by combining tradition and modernity. We want to call on high-quality and “high-tech” infrastructures as well as innovative offers in order to promote our culture and our environment.
Name: Association Touristique Estavayer-le-Lac/Payerne Tourisme
Type: Regional Tourist Office (RTO)
Legal status: Non-profit association
Annual budget: > CHF 850,000
Date of founding: 2007
Head office: Estavayer-le-Lac
Governing bodies: General Assembly, Executive Committee, Audit Commission
Number of employees: 9 (6.5 PTE)